Make your own Protein Cheese
Try making your own Goat and Sheep's cheese!
Protein Cheese Ingredients
150g pre-soaked cashew nuts
100g macadamia nuts
1 scoop Goat & Sheep Whey Protein Powder or Pea Protein Unflavoured (for vegan option)
1 clove garlic, minced
1,5pcs lemons, juiced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2tsp sea salt
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 cup water
Chopped chives for coating
Protein Cheese Method
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Process until very creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Then taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Place a nut milk bag in a bowl and spoon the cheese mixture into the nut milk bag. Squeeze the contents to extract all the milk liquid without letting the curd through.
- Form the cheese into a "disc." Cover the cheese with chopped chives and place in refrigerator to set for at least 8 hours. The longer it chills, the firmer the cheese will become. (Or place the cheese into a dehydrator to 45°C and the timer for 6 hours to harden a little bit.)
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.