Prep time: 8-12 minutes
Cooking time: 2-3 hours (freezing time)
Number of servings: 20 bars
Nutrition Value 1
If you're looking for a quick and easy protein bar that is a bit more summer-heat friendly, then look no further! Most protein or energy bars that are shop bought are full of ingredients you don't recognise, by making them yourself, you can know exactly what is in them and exactly what's going into your body.
This recipe is so simple, it takes bearly any time at all to make. Give it a go!
Protein Bar Ingredients
1 scoop Pea Protein Mixed Strawberry
800g Greek/coconut/soya yoghurt
1/4 cup agave/honey/maple syrup
½ fresh juice of lemon
50g strawberries, sliced
¼ cup chopped pecans, for garnish
Protein Bar Method
1. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the yogurt, agave, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt; whisk until thoroughly combined.
3. Transfer the yogurt mixture to the previously prepared baking sheet and spread it around to an even thickness.
4. Top with berries.
5. Freeze for 2 to 3 hours, or until firm.
6. Cut into pieces and serve. Store in the freezer.
No baking, no fuss. This is the simplest protein bar recipe you could make. Give it a try and share your photos when you #ExploreSomethingNew.