Vegan Millionaire's Shortbread Vanilla Slice
These Vegan Vanilla Slices are just what you need on a dull, gloomy January day! They look and taste like Millionaire’s Shortbread but with a lot less guilt!
A perfect mid-morning snack or treat before a long run, give them a go – they’re completely vegan so are suitable for a range of diets and requirements.
300g gluten-free oats
1/2 tbsp maca powder
1 tsp baobab powder, optional
50g Nutristrength coconut oil, melted
Buy Coconut Oil
2 tsp vanilla bean powder or paste
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp coconut flour
50-100ml water (adding water until you reach a sticky texture)
1 scoop Nutristrength Pea Protein Vanilla
400g baked sweet potatoes (white& regular)
2 tbsp coconut sugar
150ml coconut milk
1 tbsp Nutristrength coconut oil, melted
1 cup of raw cacao
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
Or 150g vegan dark chocolate, melted
- Firstly, place the oats, coconut sugar, coconut flour, baobab, maca powder and vanilla bean powder/paste into a food processor and process until finely ground. Add the melted coconut oil and water, then process again until mixture is sticky.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the base mixture into the tray and press down firmly so that it evenly covers the base.
- Place in the refrigerator while the vanilla cream is being made.
- Add all the cream ingredients into a medium bowl. Start to blend at a low speed and gradually increase to full speed until you get a super smooth paste.
- Remove the base from the fridge and spread the vanilla cream over the top. Return to the fridge.
- For the chocolate layer, add the raw cocoa, coconut oil and maple syrup to a saucepan and heat on low until melted. Spread evenly and thinly on top of the vanilla layer. Then top with rock salt.
- Put in the freezer. Once the chocolate has set (about 30-45 minutes), use a hot knife to slice into squares.