Vegan Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Whether you’re vegan or just trying to cut back on your dairy, one of the things you might start to miss is a cooked breakfast. If that’s you, then we have just the thing – vegan scrambled eggs!
This recipe is so easy to make and so tasty, you’ll end up wanting it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Made with Nutristrength Pea Protein, it also gives you a protein hit, just like real scrambled eggs. Like all Nutristrength protein powders, the Pea Protein is made with no artificial sweeteners, preservatives or colourings, just natural ingredients so you’ll know exactly what you’re eating.
Want more recipes like this? You can download the Nutristrength Protein Cookbook, for free, here.
Vegan Scrambled Eggs Ingredients
1/3 scoop Pea Protein Unflavoured
1 block tofu (250g)
1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp Kala Namak (black salt)
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 juice of lemon
2 tsp mustard
1 tbsp tahini sesame seed butter
1/4 cup water
Serve with chives, avocados
Vegan Scrambled Eggs Method
- Whip chilled, tinned coconut milk until light and fluffy. It must be full fat. Open the tin, scrape the coconut cream straight into a food processor bowl, leaving the liquid at the bottom. Place into the fridge.
- Mix the unflavoured pea protein, garlic, turmeric, nutritional yeast, black salt, sea salt, apple cider vinegar, lemon, mustard, tahini and water. Stir thoroughly until smooth.
- Fold the cream mixture into the whipped cream and gently stir together until well combined.
- Drain the tofu, wrap in a paper towel and remove any excess moisture, then transfer to a bowl. Roughly crumble the dried tofu using your hands. Then place the tofu into the “egg” cream and fold until well incorporated.
- Serve in avocados and add in the chopped chives.
We can’t wait to see how your vegan scrambled eggs turn out and what you think of them! Share your photos with us with #ExploreSomethingNew