Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Nutrition Value 1 serving (1 quesadilla)
Mexican cuisine is one of our favourites so we’ve made this vegan-friendly quesadillas recipe so that everyone in friends and family group can enjoy!
The flaxseed wrap element of the recipe can be used on its own to make your own wraps for lunch too! Just follow the flaxseed wrap method and ingredients for a wheat and gluten free homemade protein flaxseed wrap.
Full of protein and fibre, it’s a great post-run or workout meal and the gooey, cheesiness of it all makes it oh-so satisfying!
Vegan Quesadilla Ingredients
For the flaxseed wrap
1 ½ cup flaxseed meal
1 scoop Unflavoured Pea Protein
1 tsp salt
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp garlic powder
1 cup hot water
For the vegan dip
300g cooked peas
1 ½ avocado
Small handful fresh mint
2 tbsp water
Salt & pepper
100g cheese (use vegan cheese for vegan quesadillas)
4 small handful fresh spinach
Vegan Quesadilla Method
Flaxseed Wrap Recipe Method
1. Add water into a kettle and bring it to a boil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground flaxseeds, protein powder, garlic, turmeric, and salt. Add water into the flaxseed meal. Using a wooden spoon, stir until it forms a ball and absorbs all the water. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 4 balls. Place one ball on a parchment paper. Top with another sheet of parchment paper and roll out the dough into a 3 mm thick round. Use a knife to cut the edges and make a perfect round.
4. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, cook the flaxseed wrap for about 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with the other wraps.
For the Vegan Quesadillas
1. For the cream blend peas, avocado, fresh mint, water salt and pepper blend until smooth.
2. Spray a non-stick skillet with coconut oil and set on medium heat. Allow the skillet to heat up.
3. Add the wrap to the skillet. Spread about 2 tablespoons of pea & avocado cream on the top of the tortilla. Sprinkle with spinach and cheese.
4. Fold the quesadilla in half. Cook for 2 minutes per side. The cheese should be melted and the bottom of the tortilla should be golden brown.