How to make vegan pizza
No one, we repeat, no one should be forced to live a life without pizza.
Nutristrength’s vegan pizza recipe, made with vegan friendly pea protein, is suitable for vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free and lactose-free diets. So, say yes to pizza, loaded with vegan cheese and tasty toppings!
It’s the perfect “junkfood” recipe for Friday nights in and as protein-packed leftovers after your Saturday run – give it a go!
Vegan Pizza Ingredients
Vegan Pizza Crust
1 scoop Pea Protein Unflavoured
80g coconut flour
15g ground flax meal
15g psyllium husk
15g almond flour
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
170ml lukewarm water
2 handfuls spinach
200g vegan mozzarella cheese
40g organic tomato puree paste
3-4 tbsp water
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2tsp coconut sugar (optional)
Salt & pepper
Sprinkled with vegan parmesan.
Vegan Pizza Method
- Preheat an oven to 190 degrees C.
- To make the crust: Combine the dry ingredients and the oil and water, mixing till crumbs form. Set aside for 10 minutes — to make an elastic, stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces. One should be (the base) about ¾ of the dough. The other 1/3 (top). Using a rolling pin knead and roll both dough into a round shape.
- Use foil & parchment paper. It’s easier to make the crust nice and thin. Gently fit into a greased “pie” tin and place the other disk on a flat baking tray.
- Your pizza disks are ready to pre-bake, 5-6 minutes.
To make the sauce
Stir all the ingredients together until smooth & creamy.
To assemble the pizza
Fill the base of the dough with spinach and mozzarella. Place the smaller piece of dough a top of the filling. Press the edges together. Spread tomato puree on the top and sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese.
Bake the pizza till the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Remove the pizzas from the oven, and allow them to set for about 10 minutes.
Serve warm and enjoy!