Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 6 pancakes
Nutrition Value 1 pancake*
*excluding coconut oil for frying
Looking for an easy (and tasty!) vegan pancake recipe? Look no further – we’ve got this Sunday’s brunch covered!
It may not be pancake day just yet, but this recipe is not one you want to wait for. Made with spinach and avocado, it’s got a great creamy texture whilst also working towards your five-a-day. Don’t let the savoury ingredients fool you, this versatile recipe is great with any topping you choose – maple syrup, fruit or whatever you have going in your cupboard.
Have a go!
Vegan Pancake Ingredients
1 scoop Pea Protein Classic Vanilla
1 ripe avocado
3 cups gluten free porridge oats
a handful baby spinach
1tbsp baking powder
2tbsp maple syrup
2 cups almond milk
¼ tsp sea salt
+ Nutristrength coconut oil for frying
Vegan Pancake Method
- Add all the ingredients (except the coconut oil) to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and scoop 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan and spread into circle.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until a spatula easily slides underneath it to flip.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Top with maple syrup, fruit, or your favourite pancake topping. Enjoy!
TIP: If the centre of your pancakes isn’t cooking all the way through, lower the temperature and leave them to cook for longer on each side.
This simple recipe is so easy, it’s perfect for lazy Sunday mornings and, being packed with protein, it’s the perfect post-run weekend snack too!
How will you top yours? Send your photos into us with #ExploreSomethingNew, tag @Nutristrength and we’ll feature you in our IG Story.