Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour (freezing time)
Number of servings: 30 pieces
Nutrition Value 1 piece
There’s no treat quite like the sweet and chewy taste of fudge and this vegan version means that even more people can enjoy it!
With 3g protein per piece, you could even argue that this delicious recipe makes for a good post-workout snack.
For the bottom chocolate layer
1 scoop Pea Protein Roasted Cocoa
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2tbsp coconut oil, melted
3tbsp natural sweetener (we used erythritol but you can use another type of natural sweetener)
2 cups almond milk
For the middle almond layer
1 cup almonds
2tbsp flax meal
1tbsp butter/or dairy-free butter for the vegan option
For the top caramel layer
3tbsp butter/or dairy-free butter for the vegan option
50g tahini seed butter
a few drops of caramel flavour drops
- Line a cake tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Make the chocolate layer first. In a bowl, mix together cocoa powder, pea protein, coconut oil, natural sweetener and almond milk until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the bottom of the cake tray. Chill in the refrigerator while you make the top layers.
- To make the almond layer, mix almonds, flax meal and butter together until well combined.
- Layer the almond mixture on top of the chilled chocolate layer. Press the almonds down gently.
- In a separate bowl, whisk butter, tahini and caramel flavour until smooth and fudge-like. Spread the caramel mixture over the top of the almonds. Place in the freezer for an hour until firm.
- Once the fudge has set, chop it into desired sized bites and devour!
This tasty and easy recipe is sure to be one of our favourites for some time to come and, what’s more, you can adapt it however you like. Try swapping out the almond layer for pistachios or the Roasted Cocoa protein for vanilla, you’ll never get bored of this fudge recipe!