Summer can only mean one thing – BBQ!
With the short break in the English weather, people across the country are dusting off and firing up their BBQs in preparation for a spot of alfresco dining but before you go running off to the supermarket for your veggie burgers and kebabs, why not give our delicious Beet and Black Bean Burger recipe a go.
This vegetarian and vegan friendly recipe is sure to be a hit with family and housemates alike and the colour makes it the Instagram burger of choice!
Nearly as quick and easy to make as it is to see them demolished, give them a go and tag @Nutristrength in your BBQ photos.
Vegan Burger Ingredients
2 small beets
1 scoop of Pea Protein Unflavoured
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 can of black beans
3 tbsp coconut flour
3 tbsp gluten-free oats
1 handful of fresh parsley
1 handful of fresh coriander
1 1/1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp mustard
1/2 lemon, juice only
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
Vegan Beet and Black Bean Burger Method
- Grate the beets and add them to a food processor
- Add the black beans
- Then add garlic, coconut flour, oats and the herbs
- Pour in the lemon juice, then add the scoop of pea protein
- Add the mustard, cumin, salt, pepper and coconut oil
- Then pulse, stopping to scrape the sides when needed, until the mixture comes together
- Form into four black bean patties
- Then it’s time to grill! They take about 3-5 minutes each side.
These vegan beet and black bean patties can be grilled, baked or pan fried.
Serve on buns, lettuce cups or they’re delicious on their own with sweet potato wedges.