Whether you love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to treat you or someone you love to this delicious Heart “Beet” Cookies!
Choose between our vegan Pea Protein if you want vegan-friendly cookies or our Whey Protein Isolate Mixed Strawberry for a touch of strawberry flavouring, just try to make sure you save some for your loved ones!
130g gluten-free oats
1 scoop Pea Protein Classic Vanilla or Whey Protein Mixed Strawberry
100g Brazil Nuts
½ tsp vanilla bean powder/ vanilla bean paste
80ml maple syrup
120ml coconut milk*
For the pink chocolate
35g cacao butter**
1 scoop (5g) Nutristrength Natural Beet Powder
1tbsp coconut cream
1tbsp maple syrup
* reduce this amount to 60ml if you use Whey Protein Mixed Strawberry
** you can use coconut oil instead of cacao butter.
Heart Cookie Method
For the cookies:
- Place the oats, nuts, maple syrup, protein powder, vanilla and coconut milk into a food processor. Pulse all ingredients for about 2-3 minutes until it forms a dough.
- Press the cookie dough into a heart shaped cookie moulds and put in the freezer.
For the pink chocolate:
- In a bowl, mix beet powder, maple syrup, melted cacao butter and coconut cream. Whisk until evenly combined.
- Place cookies onto a parchment paper lined a baking tray.
- Dip each of your cookies into the pink chocolate sauce, put back in the freezer for 10 minutes, then repeat this process one more time.
- Place in the fridge to let form for 15 minutes. Then store in fridge for up to a week.
We can’t wait to see how your cookies turn out – be sure to tag us in your photos with #ExploreSomethingNew!