If you attended The Allergy & Free From Show at the beginning of this month you would have more than likely come by to our stand, how could you not? Haha. This recipe was a favourite from the show which is incredibly tasty and easy to make in your own kitchen. We always like to encourage people to do more with our products and for us real food is paramount; reinventing some of the classics in a healthy way gives us all a reason to get excited about cooking again! This is another great one from Szabina make sure you check her out on her Instagram @szabina-healthystyle
20g Pea Protein Roasted Cocoa
30g Whey Protein Isolate Roasted Cocoa
15g Coconut Flour
15g Almond Flour
2tsp Natural Sweetener
1 Whole Egg
1 Egg White
1tsp Baking Powder
10g Raw Cocoa Powder
Pinch of Salt
100ml Almond Milk
Cream Topping -
80ml Expresso, cooled
Tsp of Vanilla Bean
15g Whey Protein Isolate Unflavoured (optional, for thicker consistency)
50g Sukrin Icing or other natural sweetener
Garnish - 85-90% dark chocolate, grated
1. Preheat oven to 190°C and lightly coat a cupcake tray (I have 16 little cups) with melted coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Slowly add dry into the wet mixture. Stir it well.
3. Drop tablespoon of mixture onto a cupcake cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes and cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, for filling combine all the cream ingredients and beat the mixture until smooth.
5. Spoon the cream into a piping bag and pipe on top of the cakes.
6. Fill each cupcakes well about three-quarters. Sprinkle with dark chocolate flakes!