Rosemary Crackers & Beetroot Hummus
This was one of the favourites from the Body Power event, easy to assemble party food snack and a great accompaniment to social gatherings.
It's essential to have some finger food when there are guests about and this one will have people talking, although very simple it plays with your tastebuds and you will almost not believe how tasty and fulfilling crackers can be with beetroot hummus. This is amazing for summer BBQs so why not get practising now.
Ingredients for Crackers
130g Buckwheat Flour
70g Ground Almond
25g Pea Protein unflavoured
15g Ground Flaxseed
1tsp Dried Rosemary
2tbsp Coconut Oil
50ml Almond Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients together and mix by hand in a bowl. Stir until a soft sticky dough is formed. If a ball does not form, add more water, one tablespoon at a time, and process until dough comes together.
3. Lightly flour a work surface. (with Buckwheat Flour). Pat the dough out into a flat rectangle. Roll it out until less than 1/4 inch thick. Cut the dough into cracker-sized squares and carefully put them to the prepared baking sheet.
4. Prick each crackers with a fork.
5. Bake until light golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
Ingredients for Beetroot Hummus
250g Chickpeas (canned, drained)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic crushed
½ Juiced Lemon
20g Pure Beet Powder
1tsp Turmeric Powder
Water to thin
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend on high for 2-4 minutes. If hummus is too thick add water until the consistency is perfect.
2. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more pepper, cumin or salt.
3. And now deep rosemary crackers into your hummus! Enjoy!