Cooking time: 35 minutes
Number of servings: 24 pieces
Nutrition Value 1 serving
You may have had your fill of chocolate and sweet treats over the Christmas break but this Raw Chocolate Orange Cups recipe is the perfect January dinner party dessert – not too filling and full of nutritious ingredients.
Think of peanut butter cups but with a smooth, chocolate orang ganache filling instead, they’re absolutely delicious!
Chocolate Orange Cups Ingredients
For the crust
150g gluten-free oats
50g ground hazelnuts
25g melted coconut oil
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp natural sweetener
For the ganache
1 scoop Cocoa Orange Zest Pea Protein
6-8pcs pre-soaked Medjool dates
1/2 cup hot water (soak the dates in the hot water for 15 minutes)
80g unsweetened cocoa powder
20g melted coconut oil
Zest of 1 orange
Chocolate Orange Cups Method
- Line a mini cupcake tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the pre-soaked dates in the hot water, cocoa powder, coconut oil, orange zest and vegan protein powder blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a food processor combine the oats and hazelnuts, and pulse into a flour. Add the coconut oil and water, then pulse until a sticky “dough” starts to come together. Pinch it between your fingers to make sure that it will hold together.
- In the cupcake tin, drop about 1/2 tablespoons of the dough into each cup. Lightly spread it out with your fingers.
- Divide the ganache evenly among the cups.
- Then place the oatmeal cups in the freezer to set for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
These vegan treats will wow any dinner party guest and, because they’re also free from refined sugar and are gluten-free, they’re suitable for a range of diets; making them the perfect treat whilst sticking to those New Year’s resolutions.
Share your photos with us on Instagram with #ExploreSomethingNew.