How to make Quinoa Protein Bites
Are you getting tired with the same old protein bars you purchase? Time for a change?
Quinoa Protein Bites from Szabina, sounds intriguing.
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @nutristrength
100g soft figs 80g puffed quinoa
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp almond butter
25g Whey Protein Roasted Cocoa (or pea protein)*
20g sesame seeds
20g flaked or chopped almonds
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
3 tbsp Sukrin Gold natural sweetener 50g pistachio
* add more water if you use pea protein (about 20-30ml)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Put figs, almond butter, vanilla bean paste, water into a food processor. Blend until forms a sticky paste.
3. Put in the protein, quinoa, lemon, sesame seeds, almonds until well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Gently press it down with your fingers. Bake about 16-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool at least 20 minutes. Cut into slices.
Glaze Toss pistachio with Sukrin Gold in a nonstick skillet. Cook on medium-high heat until sugar is caramelized. Spread the candied pistachio with the remaining "liquid" over the top of the quinoa bars. Wait until it's completely cool!