Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes (freezing time)
Number of servings: 15 slices
Nutrition Value 1 slice
Are you looking for a showstopper of a cake to impress your friends and family? This Creamy Almond and Chocolate Coconut Swiss Roll is just the thing. With each slice delivering 4g protein, it’s also a great treat after a long day of sport or exercise to replenish your muscles.
Give it a go and wait for the compliments to roll in!
Swiss roll Ingredients
For the chocolate layer
1 scoop Whey Protein Roasted Cocoa
5pcs pre-soaked medjool dates
2tbsp coconut cream
4tbsp cocoa powder
120g desiccated coconut
½ cup water
For the coconut layer
150g desiccated Coconut
200g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
40g natural sweetener*
2tbsp coconut cream
½ tsp almond extract
*we used Natvia organic stevia
Swiss roll Method
- For the almond & coconut layer, using a hand mixer, mix the unsalted butter and natural sweetener until it becomes smooth. Once the butter softens and fluffs up, add the coconut cream, almond extract and coconuts, combine with a spatula until creamy.
- Soak dates in half cup of hot water for 10 minutes. Blend pitted, pre-soaked dates with water into a creamy paste.
- For the chocolate layer, add cocoa powder, coconut cream, whey protein powder, coconut and date paste into a bowl. Using your hands, combine all the ingredients and knead until they form a non-sticky easy to work dough. If needed, add more warm water little by little, the texture of the dough should resemble play dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball. It should be easy to work with it, like with cookie dough.
- On a flat surface, place baking paper. Use a rolling pin to spread the chocolate dough out evenly. Once the chocolate layer is done, add the almond filling on top. Once you have spread out both layers it is time to make a log.
- Starting from the edge that is facing you, using the baking paper, starting rolling both layers into a roll.
- Press well to form a log, cover with a plastic wrap and place into a freezer for about 30 minutes to set. Cut into slices and enjoy!
We can’t wait to see the pictures of your baking. Use #ExploreSomethingNew on social media and we’ll share your photos in our IG Story.