Cooking time 55 minutes
Prep time 15 minutes
Number of serving 7 slices
Nutrition value (1 slice, excluding topping)
This tasty recipe is great as a snack, breakfast or lunch. Either eat it fresh from the oven or toast a slice and top with cinnamon and maple syrup. You’ll be forgetting about summer after one bite, we promise.
Protein Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
60g Unflavoured Pea Protein
1 tsp juice of lemon
200g pumpkin purée
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp cloves powder
Pinch of nutmeg, salt
1 tbsp natural sweetener (we used monk fruit)
Topped with maple syrup, cinnamon
Protein Pumpkin Bread Method
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Separate the eggs. Add lemon to the egg whites and whisk on high until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl mix the egg yolks with the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Fold the egg whites into the pumpkin mixture until all incorporated.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
- Toast your pumpkin protein bread and drizzle with cinnamon & maple syrup. Enjoy!
This autumnal warmer is popular in any household and, with 12g protein per slice, it’s the perfect post-workout snack. Whether you’re out on a hike or cycle, try packing this up with you for added energy.
Not a big fan of pumpkin? Try our savoury protein bread recipe. Cooked in just 90 seconds, it’s a great non-wheat alternative.
Where will you take yours? Be sure to tag us in your photos with #ExploreSomethingNew.