Protein Chestnut Yule Log
Love Christmas? Love baking? Yule love this recipe! Pun intended.
Ingredients for the protein chestnut yule log
- 1 scoop of Whey Protein Classic Vanilla
- 3tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 200g Chestnut purée (Merchant Gourmet Chestnut Puree)
- 250ml Whippable Creamy Oat (Oatly) or double cream
- 3 tbsp honey
How to make the protein chestnut yule log
- Line a rectangular baking tray with parchment and preheat the oven to 180°C
- Whisk the egg and egg white together before adding the coconut sugar. Add the almond milk.
- Next, sieve the wholemeal flour and baking powder into the bowl, followed by the protein powder and mix together.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the sponge is springy to the touch.
- For the filling, whip the cream on medium-high speed until medium peaks form, about 3–4 minutes. Add honey and the chestnut purée and gently stir together until smooth.
- Remove the sponge from the oven, and once cool, spread over the filling.
- Carefully roll the sponge to make your yule log.
- Finally, dust with cocoa powder!