Cooking time: 50 minutes (including freezing time)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 6
Nutrition value 1 serving
A protein cereal topper is a great way of not only getting more protein in your diet and keeping you feeling fuller for longer – stopping the mid-morning snacking! – but it is a healthy way of adding another texture and flavour to your cereal bowl.
You can use this recipe to top your morning cereal, yoghurt or even as a healthy protein snack on its own.
Protein Cereal Topping Ingredients
100g coconut flakes
30g desiccated coconut
1 scoop Whey Protein Classic Vanilla
2tsp grounded ginger
¼ cup cacao powder
¼ cup natural sweetener
30g Nutristrength coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp water
Protein Cereal Toppings Method
- Place the coconut flakes and desiccated coconut in a large skillet. Cook over a low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until the flakes are golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cacao powder and melted coconut oil until smooth.
- Then add the natural sweetener, protein powder, almond butter and ginger to the chocolate mixture and combine well.
- Fold the toasted coconuts into the chocolate mixture and add the oats and water, stirring until everything is coated with chocolate.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and gently push it down using a spatula. This is what holds the cluster together once cooled.
- Allow to set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and break into small bitesize pieces. Enjoy!
Easy to make, without the need for an oven!