Gluten-free Protein Bread Recipe
This protein bread recipe makes for a convenient breakfast and snack. Cooked in just 90 seconds, it’s almost quicker than toasting regular bread!
What’s more, this protein bread recipe is vegan and gluten-free so it’s suitable for a range of diets and you may even find it less bloating than the shop-bought variety. Made with our Pea Protein, it contains over 24g protein, keeping you fuller for longer and contributes to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass if you’re training for a big event.
1 cup ground flaxseed
¼ cup coconut flour*
¼ cup Pea Protein Unflavoured
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp water
Pinch of sea salt
Toppings: mixed seeds
*It can be made with almond flour or coconut flour
Protein Bread Method
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add apple cider vinegar, almond milk, olive oil and water.
- Use your hands to mix it to form a ball. If it’s too dry add a bit more water.
- Divide the mixture into five small bread rolls.
- Press with your hand to flatten the dough and stick the seed mix on one of the sides.
- Place the protein bread rolls on a plate and microwave on high for 90 seconds. No microwave? That’s is ok. You can bake them in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Place parchment paper underneath.
- Cool down on a rack. The bottom of the bread that sat on the plate will be wet. That is normal, it will dry very quickly on a wire rack.
- Slice it up and enjoy with peanut butter on the top or for all the savoury breakfast lovers’ out there, this delicious bread is yummy with mashed avocado too!
- Feel free to toast it!
See, it couldn’t be simpler! How will you top yours? Let us know with #ExploreSomethingNew! We would love to see how your protein bread turns out and what you top it with so share your pictures with us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.