When it gets to mid-morning, what snack are you reaching for? Avoid the temptation of the office biscuit jar with this amazingly-simple protein balls recipe!
Most protein balls and protein bars contain dates, which are great for nutrition but not so great for sugar content. This protein balls recipes not only keeps the sugar content down because it is date-free, but it also doesn’t use any fancy equipment, all you need is a refrigerator and a mixing bowl!
Because it uses Nutristrength Whey Protein Isolate Classic Vanilla, it’s also one of the most natural protein balls recipes you’ll find. All Nutristrength protein powder is completely free from artificial sweeteners, flavours and preservatives.
Make these no-bake protein balls on the weekend and eat them as a tasty mid-morning or post-workout snack.
Protein Balls Recipe Ingredients
1 scoop Whey Protein Classic Vanilla
5tbsp ground almond/ almond flour
5tbsp coconut flour
2tbsp ground pistachios
2tbsp chilled coconut cream
3tbsp Nutristrength Coconut Oil
30ml pistachio milk or coconut milk
2tsp natural sweetener*
1 tbsp juice of lemon
* I used monk fruit sweetener but feel free to use maple/agave/honey
Protein balls Method
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. It should resemble a somewhat sticky dough that holds together when lightly squeezed.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to set (this will make the balls easier to roll later on).
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and, using wet hands, portion the dough into balls of the desired size.
- Roll the balls in ground pistachios to coat. Place on a tray. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.