Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
One of America’s finest exports, the humble peanut butter and jelly (or jam, if you prefer!) sandwich is the perfect post-run snack.
This recipe takes everything that’s great about the PB&J and turns it into an even tastier protein cake that you can pre-prepare.
Give it a go!
For the Base
2 cup ground almond
1 scoop Pea Protein Roasted Cocoa
120g activated almonds
30g raw cacao nibs
1 cup coconut flour (60g)
120ml maple syrup
1tsp Reishi mushroom powder, optional
1tsp maca powder
120 ml water (dough should be firm but not dry, add more water if needed)
For the Jelly
6pcs pre-soaked figs in hot water
6pcs pre-soaked dates in hot water (keep 1/3 cup of warm water for the jelly)
240g fresh raspberries
60g chia seeds
For the Peanut butter topping
4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 cup coconut milk
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
Sprinkle with raw cocoa nibs
For the crust
- Place all the base ingredients into a food processor and grind until they form a sticky paste that holds together when pressed lightly together.
- Press the mixture evenly into a cake tin or a deep square cake mould. Set aside.
For the jelly
- Use pre-soaked dates, figs. (Soak in hot water for about 30 minutes). Keep the water and add berries and chia seeds into the pre-soaked dried fruits.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and spread the jam over the top of the cookie base.
- Then put the mixture into the freezer.
For the peanut butter topping
- Mix the peanut butter with coconut milk and maple syrup. Stir until well combined, smooth and creamy.
- Pour the peanut butter mix on top of the jelly layer, spreading the cream evenly.
- Sprinkle with raw cacao nibs and place back to the freezer at least 2 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and enjoy!