Pea & Pistachio Smash | Unflavoured Protein Powder Recipe
Here's a simple unflavoured protein powder recipe to add to your recipe roster. This pea & pistachio smash recipe is perfect for summer, keeping you cool in the kitchen and levelling up your favourite snacks.
Ingredients for protein smash
- 1 scoop Unflavoured Whey Protein
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- The zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Dried chilli, chives
- Chopped pistachios
What to serve your protein smash with
Crackers or Toast
How to make Pea & Pistachio Protein Smash
- Add frozen peas to boiling water and cook for a minute.
- Drain the peas and rinse with cold water. Add yoghurt, garlic, protein powder, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper and process until smooth in a food processor (adding extra olive oil as needed to reach your desired consistency)
- Top with chilli flakes, chives and crushed pistachios and olives oil.
- Serve with crackers or on toast.
Making your own version of this pea & pistachio protein smash? Make sure you take pictures and share them with us on social media @Nutristrength #Nutristrength to be featured on our profile.