A Passion For Cheesecake
Smile! Say Cheesecake! I suppose this one dessert is a universal love, enjoyed by millions and can be shared just between the one haha. But by chance, if we are talking about sharing with others lets indulge in something that is naughty in the right way but healthy all the same. Make your body your temple and listen to what it wants. Mine is screaming I want cake cake cake! Well, cheesecake to be exact. Many of you may have enjoyed Szabina's cheesecake recipe already but as promised here's the recipe for you to try at home.
*Featured during our rebrand launch at Natural And Organic Products Show - ExCel, London
Protein Cheesecake Ingredients
1 tbsp Agave Syrup or Honey
1 Whole Egg
25g Nutristrength Coconut Oil
* Splash of Water (if the crust to dry)
Cream Filling -
120g Low Fat Cream Cheese
100g Greek yoghurt 0% fat
30g Whey Protein Isolate Classic Vanilla or Whey Unflavoured Powder
1tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Whole Eggs
2 Egg Whites
1tbsp Erythritol Natural Sweetener or other sweet taste
2tsp Finely Grated Lime Zest
½ Fresh Lemon, only juice
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Whole Passion Fruit
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Line a springform pan with baking paper.
- Make the cheesecake base: melt the coconut oil. Mix in oats and add agave syrup, egg, water. With your hand mix together everything until well combined. Press mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Make the cream: Mix all ingredients together well. I started with the ricotta, cream cheese, yoghurt and added the rest. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream mixture until smooth.
- Transfer batter to crust and spread evenly.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.
- The mixture may still be a little soft to touch but will firm up as it cools. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the pulp. Spoon evenly on the cheesecakes.
- Chill at least 4 hours, during which time it will firm up to the proper texture.