Papaya Crumble Smoothie Bowl
Not only is this papaya recipe beautiful and very, very tasty but it’s also oh so good for you!
Papaya is rich in vitamin C, with one small papaya providing all of the recommended daily requirement. Vitamin C is important for a whole range of bodily functions such as the normal function of the immune system and a reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
This smoothie bowl recipe makes for a great breakfast or snack and is also suitable for vegans, meaning great nutrition and a tasty recipe for all!
If you find that smoothies aren’t that filling or you’re missing that crunch, this recipe is perfect for you. The crumble element make the smoothie bowl more satisfying whilst still getting all the nutrients that come from a good smoothie.
Give it a go!
For the crumble
1/2 Cup Almonds
1/2 Dried Apricot
1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
1 Scoop Pea Protein Classic Vanilla
Buy Pea Protein Classic Vanilla
2tbsp Nutristrength Coconut Oil, Melted
Buy Coconut Oil
For the cream
1 Cup Pre-soaked Cashews
1/2 Cup Coconut Yoghurt/Cream
2tsp Natural Sweetener
For the cream
1/2 Fresh Papaya
+ fresh papaya for extra topping
Raw Papaya Crumble Method
- For the base: Add the almonds and apricot into a food processor blend it for 20 seconds and then add coconut flour, protein powder, melted coconut oil and water. Pulse to combine, the mixture should resemble a chunky raw granola.
- For the cream: In a food processor blend pre-soaked cashews, natural sweetener, coconut yoghurt until creamy and smooth.
- For the papaya purée: Cut fresh papaya into small cubes and using a hand blender and purée until smooth.
- To assemble press the base ingredients into a glass, pour half of the cashew cream on the top. Add papaya purée and the remaining cashew cream.
- Top with fresh papaya and enjoy!
This exotic recipe is perfect for summer, with papaya being such a tasty and refreshing fruit. So stay cool and tuck into this by the pool and #ExploreSomethingNew!