Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Number of servings: 8
Nutrition Value 1
Kcal 175 (with natural sweetener)
Further to our Chickpea Protein Cookie recipe we recently shared with you, we've also been working on another flour-free wonder! Whether your grocery delivery has substituted flour for couscous again or you're simply tired of banana bread, this Orange and Berry Flour Free Cake is a great lockdown treat!
With the zesty taste of oranges and berries, using our brand new Super Berry Overnight Oats as the base, this recipe is easy to make and makes use of ingredients you'll find in your cupboards. What's more, each slice is just 175 calories and over 7g protein!
There's no end to the recipes you can make with our Super Berry Overnight Oats, give this one a go.
Flour Free Cake Ingredients
140g Super Berry Overnight Oats
50g ground almond
1 cup almond milk
Zest of fresh orange
½ juice of fresh orange
3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp vanilla extract/paste
3tbsp agave syrup or natural sweetener
½ tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
Flour Free Cake Method
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170°C. Line a round cake tin.
2. Place the Super Berry Overnight Oats in a food processor and blend into oatmeal flour (the dried freeze fruits will stay in one piece).
3. In a bowl, mix the orange juice, orange zest, followed by the milk, agave syrup, eggs, and olive oil ensuring they're thoroughly combined.
4. Combine the oat flour and the remaining dry ingredients together.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together until fully combined.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. The cake will brown and peak slightly in the middle.
7. Leave to cool then slice and enjoy!
How has your cake turned out? We'd love to see pictures of your creations, remember to tag us when you #ExploreSomethingNew.