Orange and almond trifle
This recipe is perfect for New Years Eve - if we do say so ourselves!
Ingredients for the orange and almond trifle
- 3tbsp Pea Protein Classic Vanilla
- 3tbsp Almond Butter
- 2tbsp butter
- 1/2 ground almonds
- 3tbsp date syrup/or maple syrup
- 1 orange
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Juice of 1 orange
- Whipped Cream (coconut, oat or double cream)
- Melted dark chocolate
How to make the orange and almond trifle
- Mix peanut butter with the melted butter. Add date syrup, ground almonds, orange juice, and nutmeg. Mix until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2-3hours. (will be firm and scoopable straight out of the fridge)
- Slice the orange and peel with a knife, then cut into 0.5cm thick rounds
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
To serve, dipping a spoon or scoop in warm water in between each scoop, arrange scoops of the almond mixture with a dollop of cream and the oranges. Drizzle with melted chocolate! Serve immediately! Enjoy!