Matcha and Spinach Avocado Pancake with Chocolate Sauce
Looking for a greener breakfast? Look no further than our tasty Matcha, Spinach and Avocado Pancakes!
You’d never believe just how many greens are in this yummy pancake stack and they make the perfect snack for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Give it a go and let us know what you think!
1 sachet Pea Protein Classic Vanilla
1 tsp matcha powder
1/2 cup pecan nuts
1 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp light tahini sesame butter
1 big handful spinach
For the Matcha cream*
1 block soft tofu
3tbsp maple syrup
2tsp matcha powder
*blend until smooth and fluffy
- Add the pecans, ground almonds, matcha powder, flaxseed, vegan protein powder into a food processor and process on high until finely ground.
- Add avocado, fresh spinach, maple syrup, tahini butter and coconut milk. Process again until a dough begins to form. You’ll get a sticky mixture.
- Spread coconut flour on the surface and form mixture into a ball, cut into 3 pieces.
- Grease a pan with coconut oil and bake pancake for 5 minutes on the lowest heat until the tops dry out. Cover with lid at both sides.
- Serve with chilled matcha cream, strawberries and chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
So easy to make and so good for you, this is a recipe you’ll want to keep up your sleeve. We’d love to know what you thought of the recipe, so share your thoughts and photos with us with #ExploreSomethingNew!