Prep time: 40 minutes
Freezing time 30 minutes
Number of servings 20
Nutrition Value 1 bar
With so many ingredients in pre-packaged items these days it can be difficult to know what you’re actually putting into your body. Protein bars are often packed with sugar and artificial preservatives, thickeners and sweeteners so something you thought would be good for you ends up being quite the opposite.
So why not make your own? In this blog post we show you how to make your own protein bars and, at under 100 calories per bar, they’re a perfect light snack between meals.
Protein Bar Ingredients
1.5 scoop Whey Protein Isolate Classic Vanilla
1.5 cup coconut
3 tbsp coconut cream
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
200g melted dark chocolate
Protein Bar Method
- Mix the coconut, protein, coconut cream, maple syrup and coconut oil to make a thick and sticky paste.
- Spread the coconut filling over a baking paper lined container or silicone mould and place it in the freezer to chill for at least thirty minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the chocolate into pieces and put in a microwave safe bowl and pop in the microwave on a low setting until it is fully melted.
- It's time for dipping now! Cut the coconut mixture into slices. Using two forks dip one rectangle halfway into melted chocolate and roll it to cover all sides.
- Set aside for a few hours for the chocolate to completely cover the bars and ENJOY your homemade bounty protein bars!
Give them a go and #ExploreSomethingNew.