Lemon and Pistachio Raw Cake
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2.5 hours (including freezing time)
Number of servings: 12 slices
Nutrition Value 1 serving (1 slice)
We recently shared the recipe for our Avocado and Banana Raw Cake that we made on the day (which also didn’t hang around for long) and were met with an influx of Wanderlust attendees who also wanted the recipe to this amazing (if we do say so ourselves) Lemon and Pistachio Cake.
A great source of protein, it can be a filling and tasty alternative to shop-bought cakes and snacks – we hope you enjoy it as much as our Wanderlust friends did!
For the base
1 scoop of Pea Protein Classic Vanilla*
Buy Pea Protein Classic Vanilla
25g Nutristrength Coconut Oil, room temperature
Buy Coconut Oil
100g milled mixed seeds & nuts**(flaxseeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds)
1tsp maca powder
½ tbsp monk fruit sweetener (or 2-3tbsp agave/date/maple syrup)
½ cup water
½ juice of lemon
For the cream
1 tbsp Pea Protein Classic Vanilla
3 ripened avocado (500g)
½ can chilled coconut cream***
¼ cup agave syrup
1 juice of lemon
*Leave a tbsp protein powder for the cream
** I used my homemade blend, but you can replace it with any other nuts
*** Use refrigerated coconut milk, spoon out the half of the thick cream from the can
Fresh strawberries, crushed pistachio
Raw protein cake Method
- Add almonds, pistachios, protein powder, sweetener, mixed nuts and maca powder into a food processor and blend into a flour.
- Add lemon, water and blend into a sticky, crumbly mixture.
- Transfer into a parchment-lined Tupperware container and press down into a flat, even crust.
- Freeze the base while working on the next layer.
- Scoop out the avocados from their skins. Blend all the “cream” ingredients in a high-power blender until you have a smooth & creamy consistency.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the prepared crust.
- Freeze for 2 hours. Slice it up and decorate with fresh strawberries, sprinkle with crushed pistachio. Enjoy!
Where will you eat yours? We love seeing the photos of your creations, so be sure to tag us in your photos of you enjoy your raw cake with #ExploreSomethingNew!