Tired of always being told off for licking the spoon of cookie dough mixture before baking your cookies? Fear not. Our eggless, vegan cookie dough cake recipe is no bake – see if it makes it to your fridge to set…
A *slightly!* healthier alternative to traditional cookie dough that’s both vegan friendly and with added vegan protein, it’s a great snack and pudding in one!
Try it for yourself and don’t forget to share your pictures with us.
Bottom layer Ingredients
1 can chickpeas
1 scoop Pea Protein Classic Vanilla
30g coconut flour
20g almond flour
20g ground flaxseed
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
3 tsp maca powder
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla bean paste
100-150 ml water
20g dark chocolate, chopped (100% dark)
1 can full fat coconut cream
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 heaped tbsp tiger nut, fine ground
1 tbsp freeze dried apple powder (optional, it makes it even tastier!)
Eggless Cookie Dough Cake Method
- To make the cookie dough cream, first chill your coconut milk in the fridge overnight, being sure not to shake.
- Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind.
- Beat for 2-3 minutes with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla coconut sugar, peanut butter, tiger nut flour and freeze-dried apple powder.
- Mix until creamy and smooth - about 2 minutes - taste and adjust sweetness as needed. It will harden and set in the fridge.
- Now for the base, blend the drained chickpeas, vanilla and water until smooth, using a hand-blender.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well with your hands until the mixture sticks together.
- Transfer the dough into a dish and press firmly together. Remove from the dish and place on the flat tray. Spread the coconut cream on the top of the bottom layer and wrap around with tinfoil.
- Place into freezer for about 45 minutes. Remove tinfoil and cut into squares.