Cinnamon rolls are delicious. That’s a fact. But when you add peanut butter they become something magical!
Our latest recipe merges three of our favourite things – cinnamon rolls, peanut butter and, of course, Pea Protein! Add that to a recipe that doesn’t take you hours and hours to make and you’re onto a show-stopping crowd-pleaser.
Give it a go and tell us what you think.
Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
100g Almond Flour or sesame seed flour
25g Pea Protein Classic Vanilla
25g Coconut Flour
50g butter or coconut oil
2 Whole Egg
2 egg whites
1 tsp baking soda
35g Psyllium Husk Flour (ground husk)
100ml hot water
50 ml warm almond or coconut milk
30g natural sweetener erythritol (or coconut sugar, stevia)
pinch of salt
30g coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut sugar, or Sukrin gold (all natural sweetener)
50g peanut butter
100ml coconut cream/ coconut yoghurt
1 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp cinnamon powder
1 tbsp maple syrup/agave or any other natural sweetener
Cinnamon Roll Method
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Heat butter in a small bowl until melted. In a separate bowl mix eggs, apple cider vinegar, milk, water and melted butter until well combined.
- Use your hands to knead the dough. Form it into a large ball. Set aside.
Heat coconut oil in a small bowl until melted. Stir in peanut butter, cinnamon powder and coconut sugar.
For the Glaze
While the cinnamon roll is baking, prepare the frosting. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth.
How to Make Your Cinnamon Rolls
1. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle. (I used almond flour) Spread the peanut butter filling as evenly as possible over the rectangle, making sure to reach to the sides so the outer rolls have enough filling.
2. Roll the dough up tightly from the long end. Slice it into 7 equal rounds. Place the rolls into a baking tin.
3. First, bake rolls for 25 minutes or until slightly golden brown. After 25 minutes reduce heat to 160°C and put it back to oven an extra 15 minutes.
4. Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and let cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes. Once cool, remove from pan and drizzle frosting over the rolls before serving.
Chef Tip:If you want crunchy cinnamon rolls try with crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth.
So, there you have it, the Nutristrength easy peanut butter cinnamon rolls recipe. We’d love to see how your turn out – share your photos with us using #ExploreSomethingNew across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.