Sometimes there are aromas and photos that really take you someplace special. Sometimes it's the memory of home and the smell of a home-cooked meal. I personally remember the countless amounts of breakfast cereals on offer at the stores. Coco Puffs are probably one of the favourites that come to mind and here you can see being prepared is our spin on the classic. Served with yoghurt or fresh milk, it can be a great healthy alternative to your popular breakfast fuel.
1 Cup Oat Flour
1/4 Cup of Nutristrength Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate Powder
1/4 Cup of Almond Meal
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 Large Egg White
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix all ingredients together until roughly combined. (It might appear that the mixture is a bit on the crumbly side but it will come together.)
3. Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
4. Roll the dough into balls the size of a large blueberry. This works better when hands are lightly coated with coconut oil and rolled into balls by hand than on the counter top. This is where you can get help from others and it's a great skin moisturiser.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Bake the puffs for 15 minutes.
7. Allow them to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
* These will keep for about a week