Cinnamon Rolls - Low Carb and Gluten Free
Hey all! So since April we have relaunched our brand and also been at various shows throughout the year. We have taken some of you down memory lane about the period before our rebranding and also talked about the story behind the company. By now many of our customers know that real food is paramount to us and that's why we always try to give fresh innovative recipes which incorporate protein powders without having to always make a shake! (but if that is what you prefer, we've got those recipes also)
Getting creative in the kitchen is a fun way to show you what you can do.
So let us show you the Whey.
100g Almond Flour
20g Whey Protein Isolate Unflavoured
25g Coconut Flour
1 Whole Egg
3 Egg whites
1 tsp Cream or Tartar
1 tsp baking soda
35g Psyllium Husk Flour (ground husk)
100 ml hot water
50 ml warm almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
35g natural sweetener erythritol (or coconut sugar, stevia)
pinch of salt
1 tbsp coconut oil, soft
1 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tsp coconut sugar, or sukrin gold (all natural sweetener)
35g coconut butter (or butter)
1 tsp coconut oil
½ tsp cinnamon powder
50g Sukrin Icing (0kcal, all natural sweetener) or other erythritol
1. Preheat the oven to 170’C. Mix together almond-, coconut flour, husk, sweetener, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and protein powder. Mix until combined. Add eggs, hot water, warm milk and using your hands bring the mixture together into a ball.
2. Lay out a sheet of baking paper. Put the dough to the paper and flatten with your fingers. Set another baking paper on top. Roll the dough out, rectangular shape. (About ½ inch thick)
3. Prepare the filling, mix all ingredients together and spread the cinnamon cream over the dough. Roll up the dough and cut into 6 pieces.
4. Place the rolls on a baking tray. *(has been greased) Bake for 35-40 minutes. Leave the rolls to cool.
5. For the icing mix the melted coconut butter with coconut oil, cinnamon, icing or sweetener and stir well until smooth. Spread the icing mixture over the cooled rolls.
TIP: Try with roasted cocoa protein and chocolate filling! :)