Christmas Pumpkin Pie
Dive into the Christmas spirit with this Pumpkin Pie winter warmer.
If you were lucky enough to come to Food Matters Live, you would have seen our lovely chef, Szabina. If you were extra lucky, then you would have tasted her Christmas Pumpkin Pie!
100 g coconut flour
50g almond flour
30g Pea Protein Roasted Cocoa Flavoured
5g baking soda
Zest of 1 lemon
2 whole eggs
2 egg whites
50g coconut oil, melted
1 large pinch of salt
3 tbsp maple syrup
500g pumpkin puree, cooked or canned pumpkin puree
10g Whey Protein Isolate Unflavoured
2 whole eggs
1 egg whites
150ml coconut cream
20g erythritol natural sweetener* or stevia
½ tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp sugar free orange or apricot jam/puree (optional)
*they occur naturally in plants, like fruits and vegetables
100g walnuts & pecan nuts
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
8-10 pcs dates, pitted
1 tbsp maple syrup
For the crust
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all of the crust ingredients and mix well by hand until the dough forms a ball. Once the pie pan has been greased and lined with parchment press the dough into a pie dish.
3. Bake the crust 10 minutes until it's lightly browned. Remove from oven and spread jam evenly over top.
For the cream
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the filling until completely smooth and combined.
2. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust. Bake for 15 minutes at 200 C degrees. After 15 minutes, turn down the oven to 170 C degrees and bake for 35 minutes.
For the toppings
Mix chopped dates, walnuts, pecan nuts and maple syrup together. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the top of the pie then continue baking until the topping is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes more. Cool completely on a wire rack.