Chocolate Protein Rice Cakes
We are so pleased to announce we have just re-launched our Whey Protein Isolate Roasted Cocoa in new home compostable pouches. The new formula tastes better than before and includes digestive enzymes to help you break down the protein to fuel your active-filled lifestyle.
Don't forget to pack these in your lunch-box!
Ingredients for the rice layer
- 1 scoop Whey Protein Roasted Cocoa
- 100g puffed rice cakes or popcorn
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2tbsp agave syrup
- Melted chocolate
Creamy layer ingredients
- 3 bananas
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 1tbsp peanut butter
100g dark Chocolate
How to make Chocolate Protein Rice Cakes
- Line a 6-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, crush the rice cakes into very small pieces, then stir with protein powder, cocoa powder. Mix peanut butter, agave and coconut oil into the protein rice cake mixture and add the melted chocolate until all ingredients are combined and covered with chocolate.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Press gently with your fingertips just until completely spread out.
- Blend banana with peanut butter and cocoa powder until smooth and creamy. Pour the cream on top of the rice cake.
- Melt the dark chocolate and spread it over the peanut butter & banana layer.
- Refrigerate to set before cutting, at least 2 hours. Slice into squares.
This simple recipe is perfect for half-term bakes with the children, or as a quick pick-me-up during the day. Whatever the occasion - be sure to tag us in your recipe photos @Nutristrength #Nutristrength