Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour (including freezing)
Number of servings: 6 slices
Nutrition Value 1 serving
This tasty take on the traditional tiramisu is not only packed with plant-based protein, but also considerably less calories than the average tiramisu recipe.
Made with our new Cocoa Orange Zest Pea Protein it has a delicious zesty tang making it perfect for serving up at dinner parties.
For the base
1 scoop Pea Protein Cocoa Orange Zest
1 handful pecan nuts
1 handful cashew
200g rolled oats
1tsp instant coffee
25g unsweetened cocoa powder
20g coconut oil, melted
2tbsp sweetener of your choice*
*we used Monk Fruit sweetener
For the cream
360g cream cheese
2 tbsp full fat, thick coconut cream
1 zest of orange
2tbsp powdered sweetener/sugar
30g melted dark chocolate
- For the cream, mix the cream cheese, sweetener, coconut cream and orange zest until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- For the base, add pecan, cashew, cocoa powder and protein powder to a food processor and blend into a flour-like texture. Pour the flour mixture into a bowl and mix together with the remaining base ingredients by your hand until a dough forms.
- Add half the base mixture to a cake pan, lined with parchment paper and press it down firmly and evenly on the bottom of the cake dish.
- Pour the cream mixture evenly on top of the bottom layer of base mixture.
- Using your hands, take a handful of the remaining half of the base mixture at a time and crumble it on top of the orange layer mixture until the cream layer is completely covered with the top layer of oat mixture.
- Gently pat down the top layer until it is flat and as firm as possible.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top layer of the base mixture.
- Put your cake dish in the freezer for approximately 45 minutes, or until it firms up.
- Remove from the freezer right before you are ready serve. Enjoy!
How beautiful is that dessert?! We’d love to see photos of your Chocolate Orange Tiramisu, be sure to tag us in your posts when you #ExploreSomethingNew.