This latest recipe uses vegan Pea Protein and comes from our friend and recipe creator SpamellaB. Using our tasty Pea Protein Smooth Coffee, these decadent bites give you a mocha hit without the caffeine so they’re perfect any time of day, what’s more, they’re completely free from any animal-derived products so everyone can enjoy them!
Give the recipe a go.
For the base
100g walnut or almonds
100g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
4 scoops Nutristrength Smooth Coffee Protein Powder
2 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
For the coconut layer
150g desiccated coconut
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
30g dark chocolate, broken up into pieces
- First make the base: Place the ingredients into a blender and whizz up well until broken down and forms a slightly sticky mixture that comes together to form a dough.
- Press into a lined 20cm x 15cm tin or tub and press down with your hands to form an even layer. Chill.
- Meanwhile mix together the desiccated coconut with the coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao powder to form a sticky mixture.
- Spread this over the base to cover in an even layer and pat down well with a spatula. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once set, remove from the tin or tub, place on a chopping board and cut into small bites. Gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil then drizzle some over each piece. Scatter over cacao nibs. Return to the fridge for at least 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set - then enjoy! Keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.