Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Number of servings: 11
Nutrition Value 1 cookie
Got a cookie craving but you've just run out of flour? We've all been there and, especially during lockdown, it seems as though traditional baking ingredients are as rare as barista-served flat white!
This recipe satisfies that sweet tooth with just a handful of ingredients that you'll find in your cupboard and shows you another way to use our new Super Berry Overnight Oats!
Protein Chickpea Cookie Ingredients
100g Super Berry Overnight Oats
1 can chickpeas (240g)
100g apple, chopped
1tbsp (20g) butter/vegan butter, room temperature
2-3 tbsp agave or maple syrup
2tbsp chopped dark chocolate or cacao nibs, optional
Chickpea Cookie Method
1. Drain the chickpeas and rinse thoroughly, then place all ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, in the food processor.
2. Whizz for 2-3 minutes until very smooth.
3. Remove the blade from the processor, add the chocolate chips and mix with a spoon.
4. Using a tablespoon, place a spoonful of the mixture onto a tray lined with baking paper.
5. Use the back of the spoon to shape the spoonfuls into circular shapes, approximately 1 cm thick.
6. Bake at 180°C for 30-40 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray.
This simple cookie recipe is perfect for when you're out of ingredients but need a cookie hit and, with each cookie providing 4g protein and under 100 calories, it's the perfect post workout snack!
Give it a go and tag us in your photos with #ExploreSomethingNew