Nothing says Christmas quite like candy! And these caramel and cocoa protein sweets will have your festive occasions the talk of the town. If you put them out during festive drinks for people to nibble, they won’t be able to just have one!
¾ scoop Pea Protein vanilla
2tbsp almond butter
1 cup cocoa butter, melted
¼ cup maple syrup
1tsp maca powder
1tsp vanilla powder
Pinch of salt
2tbsp coconut milk liquid
For the cocoa candies:
2tbsp raw cacao powder + 2tbsp maple syrup
- Melt the cacao butter and then add rest of the ingredients in the mix. Stir until well combined.
- Pour half of the caramel mixture in a silicone mould. Pop in the freezer.
- For the cocoa candies add raw cocoa powder, maple syrup into the remaining cream.
- Stir again until smooth and pour in the moulds.
- Pop in the freezer.
- Once the raw candy is set, remove from the freezer and cut. Wrap in papers or enjoy straight away. Store in the fridge.
For layered candy (as in the photo): First pour half of the caramel mixture and carefully spread the cacao mixture over the first layer of candy. We’d love to hear what you think of the recipe, share your thoughts and photos with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.