Crumble layer -
1 handful of pecan nuts
1 handful cashew nuts
200g gluten-free oat flour
40g cocoa powder
1 sachet Pea Protein Smooth Coffee
20g coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp erythritol natural sweetener or stevia
1/2 tsp sea salt water
Cream layer -
150ml chilled coconut cream, full fat (thick)
1 shot of espresso
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla powder
2-3 tbsp maple syrup
Cappuccino Slice Method
- Place all the crumble ingredients in the food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add more water until you get “crumble” consistency. Then place in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, as the base is cooling, prepare the cream layer. Pour coconut cream, mascarpone and the espresso coffee into a bowl. Add maple syrup and mix together until smooth.
- Divide the chocolate crumbles into two portions. Put the first layer down, spread the coffee cream on the top and repeat the process again.
- Sprinkle crumbles on the top of the cake and spread the cream on it.
- Drizzle with a thin layer of raw cacao powder and if you wish you can decorate the top with extra cream.
- Place in a fridge at least 3 hours or overnight.
Don’t forget to share the photo of your Cappuccino Protein Slice creations with us on Instagram with #ExploreSomethingNew!