There’s nothing worse than skipping breakfast but if you’re not keen on a smoothie or have anything to grab and go it can feel like the only option. Not anymore! These Blueberry Oatmeal Protein Muffins are as satisfying as they are tasty and beautiful!
There’s something else too… they’re vegan and gluten-free!
1 scoop Pea Protein Classic Vanilla
125g gluten free oatmeal /oat flour
35g coconut flour
90g buckwheat flour/oat flour
1 ripe banana
125g fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum, optional*
1 tsp cinnamon
3tbsp date syrup/maple syrup
pinch of salt
1 tbsp juice of lemon
20g Nutristrength coconut oil, melted
200-250ml coconut/almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, mash banana using a fork. Add coconut milk, coconut oil, date syrup, lemon and mix together until well combined.
- In another bowl, add coconut flour, buckwheat flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt, baking powder, Pea Protein, xanthan gum, cinnamon and mix together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, fold in blueberries and mix together gently until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the muffins golden brown. Enjoy!
*It helps to improve the crumbs structure and reduce crumbling in bakes. We’d love to see what you think of this recipe! Share photos of your creations with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with #ExploreSomethingNew.