Whether you’re trying to avoid eggs or want to bake a cake but realise you haven’t got any eggs or flour, this recipe could be a real craving buster!
Made from just a handful of ingredients, many of which will be cupboard staples, this cake is so tasty and so simple to make you’ll be baking it every week!
Free from flour, eggs, milk and butter you won’t believe have good this cake tastes. Give it a go with the full recipe here.
Protein Eggless Cake Ingredients
130g ground almonds (not almond flour)
1 scoop Whey Protein Mixed Strawberry
30g natural sweetener (I used erythritol)
170ml canned, light coconut milk *
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup fresh blueberries
*You cannot substitute canned coconut milk for a carton coconut milk in this recipe. It will not work with a carton coconut milk.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl add the almonds, protein, sweetener, cinnamon, baking powder and with a spatula stir them all together until combined.
- Add coconut milk and continue to mix till fully combined.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the cake batter into the parchment lined baking tin and bake for 30-35 minutes. The cake should come out looking gold and risen.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Wait until it’s fully cooled before cutting into it.
So, there you have it. A cake made without any flour, eggs, butter or milk, but with all the flavour! We’d love to see how yours turns out and what you put with it! Tag us in your photos on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with #ExploreSomethingNew.