Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 75-90 minutes
Number of servings: 8
Nutrition Value 1
Not only is our 6-minute Granola recipe delicious for breakfast or for snacking, it also makes the perfect dessert topping as with this Berry Pavlova!
Simple to make and real showstopper dessert for when you host a socially-distant garden party! Give it a go with our suggested toppings or mix it up with your own.
For the Base
5 egg whites room temperature
80g Natural sweetener (we used NKDLiving 100% natural erythritol)
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
For the Cream
1 scoop Pea Protein Mixed Strawberry
250g coconut yoghurt (we used The Coconut Collaborative)*
200ml thick coconut cream
1tbsp maple syrup
*it works with Greek Yoghurt too
Homemade Berry protein Granola (check our recipe)
- Preheat oven to 150℃. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg whites until frothy. Add in the xanthan gum, vinegar and sweetener one tablespoon at a time and beat continuously on high for 6-7 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- Turn the oven down to 100℃.
- Spoon the meringue mix into a large high pavlova shape, approximately 20cm in diameter. Smooth the sides. Bake for 75-90 minutes.
- Take the Pavlova out of the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the cream, mix all the cream ingredients together until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon the cream on top of the pavlova then top with our protein granola and fresh berries. Pavlova dessert is best served right after it is made, but you can still refrigerate for up to 2 days. Note: It may get a little soggy in the fridge.
We’d love to know what you think of this recipe, be sure to hare your finished creations with us on Instagram when you #ExploreSomethingNew.