Berry Cherry Flapjacks
Hello! How about we try something new? Let’s talk about food exploration.
The perfect picnic with the perfect spread. There is nothing I love more than to just sit amongst good company or even by myself with food that hits you home and sets in the nostalgia. I’m talking about BBQ Chicken wings, snacks and smoothie drinks, anything that compliments our English summer.
This will be easy to assemble and, if you have little helpers, this is a great time to call them in. I’m going to give you a quick and delicious essential for a great outing. Szabina our Nutristrength chef has created this lovely recipe for you to enjoy.
400g rolled oat (*To make this recipe gluten free use gluten-free oats)
100g Oat Flour
40g Whey Protein Isolate Unflavoured
40g Whey Protein Isolate Classic Vanilla Powder
6 tbsp Natural Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1 tsp Ground Flaxseed (optional)
2 tbsp Date Syrup
30g Coconut Butter or Oil (melted)
1tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
Water (add a little water if the dough feels too dry)
2tbsp Orange Juice (squeezed)
1tbsp Date Nectar
5g Psyllium husks
- Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Mix together everything with your hands until evenly combined.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared, greased baking tray, spread evenly and firm down well with a fork or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until a light golden colour.
- Remove and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes.
- Topping: Blend berries in your high-speed blender. Add orange juice, date nectar, psyllium husk, mix well. Pour this mixture on top of the flapjack. Leave to cool completely before cutting into pieces.