Prep time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 15 minutes
Number of servings: 1
Nutrition Value 1
Our Whey Protein Isolate Ecuadorian Banana is one of our favourite flavours and, because it’s made from real Ecuadorian bananas, it has a great natural taste making it perfect for recipes. Think banana milkshake without the artificial aftertaste!
We’ve made another great recipe for you to try with your Banana Whey Protein, you don’t even need an oven for this one, just a food processor and freezer and you’re away! Give it a go and explore something new.
For the macaroons
1 scoop Whey Protein Ecuadorian Banana
¼ cup melted butter/coconut oil
50ml almond milk
70g coconut flour
2tbsp agave/date syrup
For the Homemade Blueberry Jam (pre-made)
1 cup frozen blueberries
2tsp agave syrup
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp agar agar flakes
For the Chocolate coating
1/4 cup Nutristrength coconut oil
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1tbsp agave syrup
For the macaroons:
- Combine all ingredients, except the almond milk, in a food processor and pulse until you get a fine mixture.
- Add the almond milk and then blitz all ingredients for 3 minutes or until the mixture comes together to a sticky dough.
- Roll out between two pieces of baking parchment to 4mm thick. Stamp out 4-5cm rounds - you should get about 14.
For the jam:
- Put the blueberries, sweetener, vanilla, lemon juice and water in a small saucepan on the hob. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts to reduce.
- Crush the blueberries in the pan, if needed. Add the agar agar to the saucepan and continue to simmer for 10 minutes until reduced and thick.
- Place jam into a jar and store for later usage.
*Note: The jam does thicken up as it cools down, so don’t worry if it appears a little too runny; it will thicken.
For the chocolate glaze:
- Melt your coconut oil over a low heat and combine with your cacao and agave syrup, whisking in a bowl to combine evenly.
- Dip half of your macaroons in your chocolate, covering them completely. Set aside in the freezer to firm.
- Spoon your jam onto your chocolate-coated macaroons and stick a cookie on top, squeezing together.
- Allow your macaroon to completely soften before eating.
How tasty do these look?! A truly decadent dessert that’s full of nutritional value, keeping you going whatever plans you have this weekend. Give them a try and let us know what you think!