Prep time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 60 minutes
Number of servings: 8 bars
Nutrition Value 1
We love a good protein bar recipe and this one is real a favourite of ours! Flavoured with our Whey Protein Ecuadorian Banana, which is made with real banana powder from Ecuadorian bananas, it’s got a great natural flavour without the artificial aftertaste that you get from so many banana flavoured proteins.
Each bar is only just over 200 calories but packs an impressive 10g protein. Give it a try for your next hike!
Protein Bar Ingredients
40g Whey Protein Isolate Ecuadorian Banana
200g pre-soaked cashew nuts
20g Nutristrength Coconut Oil, melted
60ml coconut milk
For the topping
80g dark chocolate *
Protein Bar Method
- Take your soaked and rinsed cashew nuts and place them in a food processor and blend everything together until very smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture resembles a sticky dough.
- Spoon the dough into a baking dish/loaf pan that is lined with greaseproof paper (this is to avoid sticking). Flatten the dough.
- Place the dough in the freezer for about 30 minutes. After cooling, remove from the freezer and cut into bars. Cut into 8-10 slices.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on a medium setting until melted, which should take 1 to 2 minutes. Spread the chocolate evenly over the cashew & banana dough.
- Refrigerate again until set, which should take about 30 minutes. Then store the bars wrapped or in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
*Note: We used Absolute Black 100% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
How tasty are those bars? Share your reviews and photos with us when you #ExploreSomethingNew