Avocado Banana Raw Vegan Protein Cake
Raw Cake is one of our favourite kinds of protein recipes to make. It’s easy, tasty and you don’t need an oven to make this great and filling snack. All of these reasons made it the perfect choice for Wanderlust 108 2019.
We had the best time at Wanderlust this year in London’s Battersea Park! It was great to meet so many of you and share some of our favourite protein recipes with you.
We had so many people ask for this particular recipe on the day that we just had to share it. This vegan Avocado and Banana Raw Protein Cake is so tasty, we had to make more as soon as we served up a batch (it went so quick!) so we hope you enjoy the recipe as much as our Wanderlust friends did!
For the base
1/2 Cup Almonds
1/2 Dried Apricot
1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
1 scoop or sachet Pea Protein Roasted Cocoa
1 large handful raw cacao beans or cacao nibs
1tbsp agave syrup
2tbsp Nutristrength Coconut Oil, Melted
For the cream
1 Large banana
½ Juice of lemon
½ cup Desiccated coconut
3-4 tbsp Agave syrup
¼ cup Melted coconut butter
For the topping
½ cup Raw cacao powder
1 tbsp Agave syrup
¾ tbsp Coconut milk
Protein Raw Cake Method
For the base:
- Add the almonds and apricot into a food processor blend it for 20 seconds and then add coconut flour, pea protein powder, agave syrup, cacao beans, melted coconut oil, and water.
- Pulse to combine, it should resemble into a sticky mixture.
- Press in evenly into a cake mould and place it into freezer to set for 10 minutes.
For the cream:
- In a medium bowl blend banana, avocado, shredded coconut, melted coconut butter, agave syrup until creamy and smooth.
- Taste to see if there’s any more need for sweetener.
For the topping:
- Mix cacao powder, agave syrup and coconut milk until you get a thick pudding consistency.
- Carefully smooth out the cream on the top of the cocoa layer.
- Spread chocolate cream on the top of the avocado-banana cream.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours or overnight. Let it sit out for 10 – 15 minutes before serving and cut into slices.
This cake is great to serve for breakfast or as a pudding (or both if you feel so inclined!) give it a go and let us know what you think via #ExploreSomethingNew! We love to see your pictures and creations so be sure to share on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.